HOW TO MAKE TEMPEH STARTER?
Tempeh is a traditional food for Indonesian. The special taste of tempeh makes society in Indonesia love tempeh so much. And it becomes their favorite foods. Tempeh becomes a friend when they breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And now tempeh becomes a snack that can be consumed all the time. Usually this snack is called tempeh chips. You can find it in supermarket near your house. Not only that, tempeh chips becomes their partner when they are working, watching television, or especially when they feel boring or take a rest after they do activities all day long.
In making tempeh, there is an important materials that must be combined. It is tempeh starter. So if you want to make a tempeh starter by your self, this is how to make tempeh starter:
The ingredients that you need to make tempeh starter:
Rice about 300 gram
Tempeh powder about 3 gram or as the same as 1% from the number of total rice that you use
Rice powder that has been fried
Tool is used to steam
Plastic or more better banana leaf
Grinder or pounder
Sift for flour
Wok for frying rice
Plastic bag sufficiently
1. The first step in making tempeh starter is wash the rice until clean. After that cook rice until done. Then raise and chill it.
2. Rice that has been cold then sprinkle with tempeh powder as much as 3 grams. Stir until well mixed.
3. Then rice that has been sprinkled with tempeh powder which saved on the top of bamboo tampah, and this bamboo tampah has been cleaned. After that, covered it with banana leaf and plastic.
4. Save that tampah with the rice in the curing place until all rice are grown by mushrooms. That mushroom grow which is called mushrooms of tempeh. The mushrooms are already is a mushrooms that complete with spore and it will look black. In the curing place, occasionally open the cover of plastic or banana leaf but don’t do it often.
5. After the rice become black color because of spore mushroom, take and dry on the sun until dry evenly.
6. After dry, puree the rice by pounding or ground. After smooth, sift the rice powder and save it in the container.
7. Next, the results of sieve is called tempeh starter diluted with rice powder that has been fried sangan. The comparison, for 10 gram of tempeh starter is added 50 until 100 gram of the rice powder sangan.
8. After finished, save tempeh starter in the plastic, don’t let the air come in. It is easy right in making tempeh starter. So, what’s wrong if you try it.
Now, you can try to make tempeh starter by your self in your house. The materials that is needed is simple and easy to find it. But if you don’t have the time to make tempeh starter, you can order tempeh starter in our website tempebumbung.wordpress.com. Tempeh strater that we provide is Raprima Tempeh Starter. We give you service all the time, so you can contact us whenever. We give service for ordering from Indonesia and also abroad. So just for you who loves tempeh, you can contact us below:
office: Maron, Donoharjo, Ngaglik, Sleman, Yogyakarta 55581
tempeh starter, how to make tempeh, tempeh spores, tempeh, tempeh food, how to make tempeh starter, how to make tempeh in your house, raprima tempeh starter, tempeh yeast, how to order raprima tempeh starter, order tempeh yeast, shipping for the raprima tempeh starter